Unit 3: Needs and Wants
- name common food and drink items
- make and respond to requests and offers for basic wants and needs
- ask and tell locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment
- express likes and dislikes
- understand basic signs about emergency exit procedures
Review these phrases covered in class.
Have you completed all homework tasks for this unit? By now, you should be able to express the following phrases in NZSL. Test yourself before peeking at these videos.
Self Assessment Checklist
- I know how to sign the vocabulary (drink, food, wants/needs, locations and emergency).
- I can ask and tell the locations of familiar objects and locations in the immediate environment.
- I can sign and ask for basic wants and/or needs.
- I can express and ask about likes and dislikes related to familiar objects.
- I can understand and reply to basic signs about emergency exit procedures.
- I can recognise and use negated statements.
- I can confirm basic information.
- I can sign commands, such as ‘tap on another’s shoulder’, ‘stand up’ or ‘sit down’.
- I know what the four parts of a sign are.
- I can follow and sign the numbers from 21 to 50.
Last updated: 10/4/2021