Unit 9: Events and Celebrations
- communicate about events, celebrations and holidays
- talk about destinations (places) and modes of travel
- describe and discuss plans
- make interruptions (e.g. to ask a third person for information or suggest a different idea)
Deaf Conversation 4 cards
Have you completed all homework tasks for this unit? By now, you should be able to express the following phrases in NZSL. Test yourself before peeking at these videos.
Self Assessment Checklist
- I can discuss and communicate about events, celebrations and holidays.
- I can discuss and communicate about destinations and modes of travel.
- I know how to describe and discuss plans in detail.
- I know how to interrupt and navigate appropriately with a group of Deaf or signing people.
- I know how to ask a third person for further information or suggest a different idea.
- I am aware of local Deaf community events and I can have a discussion about these.
- I am aware of Deaf culture through events, celebrations and holidays, and I can have a discussion about these.
- I can recognise fingerspelled placenames in NZSL.
- I know how to use listing and ranking to discuss New Zealand placenames.
- I know how to use and recognise different number types in NZSL (cardinal, ordinal, age, contact details, number of people, and plural numbers).
Last updated: 17/12/2020