Unit 8: My Place
- invite others, accept and decline invitations to their home
- give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number)
- describe identifying features of their home (e.g. two-storey, brick, white fence)
- understand and give simple directions to their homes
- identify rooms in the house
- name essential household items relevant for visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper)
Review these phrases covered in class.
Have you completed all homework tasks for this unit? By now, you should be able to express the following phrases in NZSL. Test yourself before peeking at these videos.
Self Assessment Checklist
- I know how to invite others, accept and decline invitations to people’s homes.
- I can give and ask for addresses and contact details (e.g. email, mobile number).
- I can describe identifying features of a home (e.g. two-storey, brick, white fence).
- I can understand, give and confirm simple directions to a home, or event using appropriate facial expressions.
- I can follow and sign rooms and essential house hold items relevant to visitors (e.g. meals, toilet paper).
- I can follow and sign the appropriate numbers referring to how many people are involved, to replace plural personal pronouns.
- I know how to use common reference point to explain directions to someone familiar with a specific location.
- I know the appropriate signs to use for spatial verbs.
- I can follow and sign numbers from 101 to 999.
- I can understand and explain which technology is important and accessible for Deaf people to use in their homes.
Last updated: 10/4/2021