We have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and make use of personal information.
By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the views and practices described in this notice. Any personal information provided to or gathered by us is controlled by New Zealand Sign Language Teachers Association (NZSLTA).
We will always treat your information with respect and keep it safe to protect your privacy. Your privacy is very important to us.
What we do with your personal information
We collect and retain your personal information in order to allow you to login to our website and access to our teaching resources.
If you access any of our services (including membership, RAP registration, workshop, conferences, grants, survey and other online forms), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- your name and contact details
- your age, gender ethnicity and any other demographic information you provide to us
- your address or region and housing information
- your comments and tutor contributions
- survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys
- contact you to clarify details about your membership or access to our resources, or to respond to any of your enquiries.
- invoice you, or receive payment from you, for membership that require payment.
- any other information you choose to provide us
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with Registration Advisory Panel (RAP), Executive Committee and third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use PayPal for membership fee, Google Analytics and cookies.
Links to other websites
Comments and tutor contributions
We may use some of your information to display on our pages in comments section. When you submit a comment or review, your full name, is displayed with your comment.
We do not publicly display any other personal information in our community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information as part of your tutor contributions.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to request access to and correct any personal information we hold about you at any time, or talk to you if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold.
NZSLTA members can change their information on teachsign.org.nz by login to our website and updating your profile.
Alternatively, you can contact NZSLTA for any enquiries.
We use Google Analytics to collect certain information about your visit when you visit our website. This enables us to optimise use of our website. The information we collect includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on this website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time of your visits
- the referring website, if any, through which you clicked through to this website
- your operating system, for example, Windows 7 or Mac OSX on your device
- the type of web browser you used, for example, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- other incidental information such as screen resolution and the language setting you used.